The Paddle Shift Auxiliary Kit is designed as a hardware solution for integrating paddle shift with a sequential racing gearbox.
This kit is designed to work with drive-by-wire throttle bodies for proper throttle blipping.
It is intended for use with a MoTeC GPRP-M1 engine management system, which comprises an M1 ECU and the GPRP firmware Package featuring paddle shift control.
- Includes two carbon fiber steering wheel mounted paddles (momentary switches) for up/down shifts to the ECU.
- Includes carbon fiber steering wheel mounting plate for paddles and buttons.
- The push/pull pneumatic actuator will allow both up and down shifts through two in-built solenoid valves. Valve timing is controlled through the ECU paddle shift function.
- The pneumatic pump supplies air pressure to the tank and is activated by the ECU with specific control of pressure including a pressure sensor fault fall back strategy.
- If the sensor fails or is not present, the ECU can automatically cycle the pump to maintain a pressure supply. Excess air pressure is relieved through the pressure relief valve supplied in the kit.
- The air tank and manifold supply a strong reserve of pressurized air for shifts. The manifold includes ports for all necessary fittings and a pressure sensor for the pump control.
- The tank to pump pressure line comes as a standard 1.5m length but can be shortened using simple tools. It is included with the air tank manifold kit but is also available as a spare part.