The RaceGrade LTE Cellular Gateway system provides real-time telemetry data from a vehicle to a base station. It uses Verizon's 4G cellular network to provide data coverage at any venue with cellular coverage. International venues are supported with an alternate SIM card that supports other networks. The gateway provides fast update rates to allow accurate data while simplifying trackside setup by utilizing smaller antennas and eliminating the necessity of repeaters. The gateways come preconfigured to work seamlessly upon power-up.
Data for the radios is paid for through the dealer who sells and supports them or the team who purchases them. Once ordered, information on how to create a login and subscribe to your service will be provided. Once subscriptions have been ordered and paid for, we will configure the radios and complete the setup on your behalf, so they are plug and play once connected to your device.
Custom configurations can be implemented with an upgrade. The gateway connections are all on the top surface to improve flexibility in mounting arrangement. The case is water-resistant and features three antenna connections and an Autosport connector for signals and supplies. Continuous device uptime during transient voltage operation, such as power cycling or starting the vehicle, is achieved via an internal super-capacitor system.
This complete kit includes the following:
- 2 - RaceGrade 4G LTE Cellular Gateway Radios
- 1 - RaceGrade 4G LTE Car Kit (note: car wiring is not included)
- 1 - RaceGrage 4G LTE Pit Kit
*Note: It is suggested that the gateway be mounted on soft Velcro or some other form of vibration isolation.
- Replacement for any RS232 Serials Comms based telemetry system and is pin-compatible with RaceGrade FGR2 900Mhz system.
- Can run telemetry system at maximum RS232 Serial Comms bandwidth (230.4 kbps)
- Telemetry Monitor and T2 compatible.
- 2 cellular antennas for signal diversity*.
- Gateways use Verizon s 4G LTE Network.
- European and Canadian support also available.
*Data plan is not included (see below for information on data)
Questions about this kit should be emailed to [email protected].
CAN DBC File Download
*Note about Diversity: MoTeC Systems USA has found that utilizing a diversity antenna (the second antenna plugged into the DIV SMA connector) increases performance. It is highly recommended that dual antennas are run (both car and pit) to ensure performance at low cellular coverage venues such as Lime Rock or Mid-Ohio.